Industrial Fabrics Association International and the Marine Fabricators Association are pleased to re-confirm that Marine Fabricators Conference 2022 will occur in-person, as planned, January 13-15, 2022.
IFAI/MFA continues to keep in close, constant communication with the Wild Dunes Resort and local government, to make the very best decisions as it pertains to health and safety measures for the in-person event.
Health and Safety Measures for All Attendees and Exhibitors
Marine Fabricators Conference’s venue, Wild Dunes Resort in Isle of Palms, SC USA, has received the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation on outbreak prevention, response and recovery.
As a division of the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA), GBAC STAR™ is an industry accreditation that provides third-party validation to ensure the implementation of rigorous protocols in response to biorisk situations. Focused on ensuring a clean, safe and healthy environment, the program establishes requirements to assist venues by providing best practices, protocols and procedures to control risks associated with the COVID-19 virus.
ADDITIONALLY, THE FOLLOWING HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE FOR MARINE FABRICATORS CONFERENCE 2022. KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS A FLUID SITUATION, THIS MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME LEADING UP TO THE EVENT:
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout classrooms, foyers and the exhibit space. Frequent sanitizing, and hand washing, are encouraged.
- 6-foot physical distancing in registration lines and other queues.
- Physical distancing at banquet tables / education rooms where feasible (i.e. 4 or 6 chairs per banquet table, 3-6 feet per chair in classrooms). Physical distancing will be encouraged.
- We will offer color-coded stickers to place on badges and signage, indicating contact comfort levels (i.e. red = please keep distance; yellow = no physical contact; green = handshakes, hugs, etc. welcome).
- There will be plexi barriers at registration. Exhibitors are free to implement similar measures in their own spaces, if they so choose.
- Food and beverage options may be limited and served in accordance with hotel policies to limit high touch points.
- We will follow CDC guidance on masks including abundant signage throughout the building explaining. Mask will be optional for vaccinated attendees; we urge unvaccinated attendees to please wear masks.
- Masks will be REQUIRED for Hotel banquet staff and other staff that operate within our contracted space.
- We recommend those planning to attend/exhibit at the Marine Fabricators Conference please be fully vaccinated. While we respect everyone’s personal choice in this matter, and we will not ask for proof of vaccination, for your safety and the safety of all, please consider vaccination.
- We ask that if you aren’t feeling well to please remain home.
We will continue to publish updates to the health and safety measures planned for the event via email and on the ifai.com/marineconference website. Please continue to check back for more updates.
NOTE: This COVID-19 mitigation plan is subject to change as new information is learned and official policies and guidelines are updated.
For questions or comments about health and safety at Marine Fabricators Conference, please contact us at email@example.com.